Electric scooter insurance protects your e-bike from theft, damage, and incidents like fire or accidents. With the increasing environmental concern, more Indians are choosing e-bikes, which are eco-friendly and cost-effective due to electric charging. Moreover, e-bikes offer safety benefits by reducing unexpected accident expenses. *
What Advantages Come With Purchasing Insurance For E-Bikes?
The following are some advantages of purchasing vehicle insurance for e-bikes:
- Protect Yourself Financially: E-bike insurance may offer financial protection and cover repairs or replacement parts in unfavourable incidents like accidents.
- Required By Law: Third-party insurance is required for everyone riding a bike on Indian roads under the Indian Motor Law. Thus, you must have insurance on your e-bike to comply with the law.
- Expand Coverage With Add-Ons: E-bike insurance allows you to add extra coverage to your policy, accessible anytime after purchase by making a premium payment.
- Damage Recovery: With insurance, you’re covered for unexpected damages, especially important for e-bikes with pricier replacement parts, ensuring quick repairs.
- Reduce Stress: Purchasing vehicle insurance for your e-bike relieves you of the burden of worrying about the expenses that may arise from unanticipated events like theft or accidents.
What Exactly Is Covered By Insurance For E-Bikes?
The following is a list of items that an e-two-wheeler insurance policy covers:
- Accidents: It provides financial assistance for any damage or loss to your bike in the event of an accident on the road.
- Repair: Your e-bike insurance will pay for the necessary repairs to compensate for any damage to your bike.
- Theft Of A Bike: If your e-bike is stolen, your insurance will help by paying for the loss.
- Fire: Your insurance company will pay for any accidents you have that are brought on by fire.
- Calamity: The insurance for e-bikes also provides coverage for any harm done to your bike due to a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, flood, etc.
- Protection Against Personal Accidents: You can file a claim with your insurance company for hospitalisation costs if you are hurt in an accident while riding your e-bike.
- Third-Party Coverage: Every rider is required by law to carry third-party insurance to pay for any harm you cause to another person in the event of an accident that is your fault. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.
What Exactly Does An E-Bike Insurance Policy Not Cover?
- If you have only third-party insurance and have not chosen the comprehensive plan, the policy will not cover your bodily or personal damages.
- If you operate your e-bike while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it won’t pay for any damages.
- It won’t pay the fines you incur for operating an e-bike without a valid licence.
- It excludes coverage for losses not specified in the policy documents and for damages brought on by your carelessness.
- You cannot sue the insurer for personal injury damages if you purchase third-party insurance without any personal injury coverage. The insurance will only cover third-party liabilities.
- The insurance company will not pay for any damage to your bike after the policy expires if your coverage expires and you choose not to renew it. Hence, make sure you do the process for Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance renewal on time.
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.