According to Serieshalltechcrunch when your dog comes to kiss you and show its affection and love for you, bad breath can become a major inconvenience and obstacle. Fortunately, there are several ways to get rid of the wicked breath. Let’s check out some of them.
- Brush their teeth – If you haven’t brushed your canine’s teeth ever, then this might be the wake-up call you needed all along. If you don’t brush for a couple of days your breath would start to stink pretty soon and the same holds for your dog. Use ADA-compliant dog toothpaste to brush your dog’s teeth. If you have trouble keeping your dog’s mouth open while brushing its teeth, consult the vet or the pet groomer.
- Visit the vet – Several studies show that most pets get dental diseases by the age of three. Some of them show signs of inflammation as soon as they are 3 months old and that may be a sign of periodontal disease. That’s why it’s important to visit the vet at least once a year so that they can identify early signs of those diseases and keep them from appearing. This doesn’t just keep the stink out of your dog’s breath, but also helps to avoid most diseases before they become a big problem.
- Breath freshening chew toy – If you have trouble brushing your dog’s teeth, you can also use a chew toy to get the job done. There are certain chew toys that allow you to hide toothpaste and cleaning treats in them. As your dog chews on the toy, its teeth get cleaned and the bad breath is purged away. While using such toys, allow the dog to chew on the toy for a few minutes before rinsing its mouth.
- Get yogurt – You can also use yogurt to cut down on foul breath. Adding regular yogurt to your dog’s daily food can improve their breath significantly. Make sure to not use sugar substitutes like fruity flavors with the yogurt. Certain sugar substitutes contain Xylitol. While that chemical can fix a lot of ailments in people when ingested in small amounts, it can be deadly for pets. You should also avoid yogurt completely if your dog is lactose intolerant.
- Use parsley – Dill or parsley also have refreshing effects and can improve your dog’s breath when added to their food. Fresh herbs like dill and parsley are full of chlorophyll that can readily absorb bad odors. Apart from that, those herbs also have antibacterial properties that can keep the bad breath bacteria at bay in your dog’s oral cavity.
Matt Davies Harmony Communities suggests that you use the above-mentioned tips to get rid of the bad breath coming out of your dog’s mouth. Animals usually have fouler breath than humans. However, the above-mentioned ways can help you deal with the bad breath of your dog when it matters.